2015 - The year of Disruptions?
Yes, it started off with a disruption. The baby i helped nurture was no longer going to be around. The baby grew up and was adopted by another much bigger family where the it's core will become just one of the areas of strength to the new parent company.
From a very decent monthly salary - After starting off as Employee No. 1 for #ArbitronIndia's captive unit in Kochi from Jan 2008, I had not thought about venturing out on my own ever. Yes, not even in my retirement plans. So when the circumstances presented an opportunity to try out something on my own, it was the closeness to comfort (Ex-Colleagues and Boss) that made it easier for me to take 'the plunge'. The results have been very enriching for me. Here are the highlights:
1. Discovering Retainer HCM Roles and the dormant potential waiting to be explored for supporting IT SME growth journeys in Kerala - will write about that some other time soon.
2. More time for my new found interest of birding for #CitizenScience. Never imagined that I would be among India's top 10 birders when measured by checklists. I had written about this earlier.
3. A Self-funded trip to the US of A to attend the largest conference of HR professionals in the world - the #SHRM15 at Las Vegas along with the special privilege of being part of #SHRM15Bloggers
4. Attended a total of 7 HR and Gen-Mgmt Conferences across India and USA - this, along with connect via social media, gave me a first hand feel about HR talent across the country.
5. Family Time with Kids and at getting used to Work-From-home -
6. More result oriented time on Social Media - This meant that my confidence around solving problems using social media tools increased. No immediate plans for monetising them as I'm learning a lot for that at a later stage in my life.
Yes, it all started with that disruption - my salaried job vanishing into thin air.