What's in a Name? The Hindu

The Hindu happens to be a newspaper which I took over a long time to connect to as a child reader in the late 80's all the way to early 90's during my school and college days. That story can be a topic of another blog some day (upon request) but today as I went thru the editorial page, I thought it helped me piece together some of the reasons why the paper IMHO supports my own quest for depth in many subjects.
Headlines from today's Editorial are as follows:

Reviving the Politics of Remission - about decision of AIADMK Govt in TN to release 7 life convicts from Rajiv Gandhi Assassination case

Welcome release, strange remarks - possibly the most viewed topic of the past 3 weeks - Yes, no paper could have missed having #JNU update on editorial today right - well I'm sure that one could find many which will.

An article titled 'No freedom without dissent' by Mr. Sanjay Hedge - Adv. of Supreme Court

I don't know if there's a newspaper which positions the responses from it's readers on the same page as it's editorial - Well this one does. That alone, to me shows the confidence and trust it has on the capability of it's readers.  There's dissent, Information, Wow's and much more - all in one page of a national daily.

Have to thank my lucky stars for keeping me clued to this newspaper from the time I managed to...

BTW - this happens to be my opinion :-) only - looking forward to reading the responses as comments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Connecting Mobility to create Diverse Workplaces

Leadership, Culture, Tribes et al

So why should you attend an offline #HR conference?